Did you know?
- The name 'Morocco' is derived from 'Marrakech' the name of the capital city in the 11th and 12th centuries.
- If you want to get a waiters attention, address him as 'Si Mohammed' (Mr Mohammed) and he'll respond.
- There are more than 30 types of dates in Morocco, classified according to their weight, juiciness, size and shape
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt held a secret war conference in Casablanca in 1943.
- Moroccans believe that inscribing a Quranic phrase on an object makes it blessed and ward-off evil.
- The word tangerine came from Tangiers, a port from which the first fruit was shipped to Europe.
- Camels have three eyelids to shield their eyes in sandstorms.
- The national dish of Morocco is "couscous". It is steamed wheat served with vegetables, fish or meat, and a soup like sauce.
The Marrakech Urban Adventure team are knowledgeable & passionate about their home town - the "Red City". From the bustling souks of the medina, to the palaces and monuments, the tajines, mint tea and cous cous to all of those 'out of the way' places that few tourists get to see.
Feels like: 21°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
Wherever we go in the world, we take a responsible attitude with us. That means travelling in a way which both respects and benefits local people, their culture, their economy, and their environment. Please read on for more information on our Responsible Travel policy and how you can be a responsible traveller for your entire journey.